Impodimo is located on the main street of Garfield in West Gippsland. An easy 1 hour drive from central Melbourne, or a short walk from the Garfield VLine train station, this regional town is a popular weekend destination.
Explore the historic township, first settled in 1845 when the town was known as Cannibal Creek. Heritage-listed shopfronts line the main street providing a nostalgic charm. First time visitors are often surprised to find Garfield’s vibrant commercial strip and bustling boutiques, where traders continue to preserve the town’s rustic identity.
Foodies are spoilt for choice with wineries, a country pub, gourmet cafes, country bakehouses and even a smokehouse that attracts loyal customers from all over Victoria. Enjoy fresh local produce, artisan breads and barista coffee. Take home a loaf of delicious sourdough bread, fresh from a century year old wood fired scotch oven. A trip to Garfield is guaranteed to delight the gourmet traveller.
Mount Cannibal Flora and Fauna Reserve is just out of town and is a popular spot with the locals. With multiple lookouts along a 2.5km circuit walk to the summit, you’ll be spoilt with stunning 180 degree views of Gippsland’s rolling hills.
There’s plenty to do to make a day of your next visit to Garfield.
Step back in time as you wander through Garfield’s stores. The local traders love a good chat – they might even share a story that’s been handed down over the generations.
FOOD & ACCOMMODATION
- Garfield Hotel – authentic pub food, fantastic social atmosphere, and some excellent live music. Check out their Facebook page for updates on events and live entertainment.
- Lulu's Lolly Shop - the perfect stop for a little something sweet!
- Little Miss Hangry – Garfield’s popular cottage-style café with a wide selection of mouth-watering vegan and gluten-free options.
- Lady Lavender's Tea Room – charming country tea room set amongst cottage gardens with an eclectic gift shop and nursery. Serving Devonshire scones, light lunches and desserts daily.
- Country-Style Meats – Grade “A” quality butcher and smokehouse, well known for using Gippsland’s finest locally sourced products. Attracting lovers of barbecue from all over Victoria, be sure to get yourself some of the best cuts and prepared meats.
- Brewsters Café & Foodstore – fresh produce and friendly service! Drop by for a coffee or a quick snack.
- Cannibal Creek Bakehouse – artisan bakery using the quality flours and local produce. Known for their iconic sourdough bread made in their century year old wood fired scotch oven. This is a great place for to catch up with friends over coffee, breakfast or lunch.
- Magpie and Stump Bakehouse - traditional Aussie bakery with a wide variety of meat pies, fresh salad sandwiches and rolls, as well as a delicious selection of freshly made cakes and sweets.
- Cannibal Creek Vineyards – a family-owned vineyard, with an on-premises cellar door and restaurant that celebrates French cuisine. Bookings are essential.
- Garfield Cottage – a recently opened gorgeous cottage and delightful garden that sleeps up to 6 people. Located a short walk from the VLine train station and the main street, this self-contained, pet friendly is the perfect place to use as a base for exploring the region.
- SOHL Store – a popular store for ladies and kids clothing, shoes and accessories
- Garfield Community Store – great deals on preloved items.
- Garfield Antiques – searching for a fantastic piece with history to add to your home? Stop in here for a few hidden treasures.
- The Dancing Horse – specialists in quality riding wear and saddlery from around the world at great prices.
HEALTH & BEAUTY
- Ultimate Indulgence – This day spa and beauty clinic offers a wide range of services to get you feeling fresh, free and rejuvenated. Book yourself in for an indulgent afternoon.
- Counselling 2 U - professional services in Counselling/Psychotherapy, Reiki, Hypnotherapy, Ear Candling, Henna Tattoo, and Meditation.
- Miss Franky's - a stellar hair salon with excellent service! Book your cut, colour and style and walk out feeling lighter, fresh and fabulous! Franky’s also stocks a range of ladies and men’s clothing, hair and beauty products.
- Garfield Hair Creations - Highly recommended salon with friendly staff, great cuts and colours.
FAMILY FRIENDLY FUN
- Garfield Picture Theatre – The beautifully renovated 1920’s theatre located in Garfield is worth a visit. An entertainment hub to enjoy musical shows throughout the year. The historic building is a fantastic setting for weddings, engagements and corporate events. Visit their Facebook page for details on upcoming shows.
- Gumbuya World – This awesome theme park is great fun for kids of all ages. With rides, water slides and up-close encounters with Australian wildlife, it’s guaranteed to keep the kids entertained. Located just 15 minutes from Garfield. Grab some gourmet produce for a DIY picnic before heading off for a fun day with the family.
Gippsland’s must-visit regional town
Located in West Gippsland, Garfield boasts a bit of everything. Enjoy an outdoor hike in the country air, indulge in local produce or simply slow down and wander through the historic town. There’s plenty to see, taste and do all year round.
Be sure to stop by and say hello when you visit our charming town.