Here at Impodimo, we stock a range of luxurious scented candles including the Scent of Home and Peppermint Grove brands. We've compiled a list of safety and care instructions to help make sure that you get the best out of your candles!
- Place your candle on the candle lid or on a stable heat-resistant surface before burning.
- Never burn your candle on or near anything that could catch fire. Keep away from drafts, water and moisture.
- Keep your candle out of the reach of children and pets.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended; ensure it is extinguished before leaving the room.
- Do not touch your burning candle or move it when the wax is liquid.
- Store your candle in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight.
- Your first burn should take anywhere up to four hours. Allow the wax to pool evenly to the edge of the glass in order to correctly set the memory burn of the wax. This will ensure an even burn (preventing tunnelling) and maximum fragrance delivery every time you use your candle.
- To maintain wick integrity, trim the wick to between 5mm and 10mm before each burn.
- Always keep wicks centred in the middle of the candle. Do not allow them to float to the sides of the glass as this could lead to the glass overheating.
- Do not allow your candle to burn to the very base of the glass. Cease burning when there is 10mm of solid wax left at the base of the candle to avoid any risk of the vessel overheating.
- When the candle can no longer be burned, remove the residue wax by placing the glass in hot water. This will soften and lift the remaining wax, and allow you to recycle the glass.